Mud has a solvent, anti-inflammatory effect, normalizes muscle tone, promotes joint movement, and improves skin condition. Under the influence of mud therapy, adaptive mechanisms are activated, functions disturbed by the disease are restored, blood and lymph circulation improves, metabolic processes are normalized, tissue respiration is improved and regeneration is stimulated. processes. The mineral salts and organic substances present in the mud help to normalize the microbial imbalance, and have anti-inflammatory, coagulative and keratolytic effects.
Mud therapy indications are:
- As a result of diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system (diseases of joints, ligaments and muscles, contracture, osteomyelitis);
- Diseases of the nervous system (as a result of closed injuries of the brain, sciatica, neuritis) and connective tissue (promote the healing process)
- Diseases of the digestive system (peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum during exacerbation, chronic gastritis, colitis, cholecystitis);
- Diseases of male and female genital organs.
- The course of mud therapy consists of 5-10 sessions, depending on the indications of the diseases.
Mud treatment method is effective in combination with physical therapy, exercise therapy, and massage and is most effective as part of complex therapy. There are contraindications, it is necessary to consult a doctor beforehand.