Ozone therapy increases the amount of oxygen in your body. High oxygen levels can boost your immune system and aid in the healing process. Ozone therapy results in cell regeneration – replacement of damaged cells, restoration process.
How is ozone therapy performed?
There are several ways to get ozone:
- Ozone solution can be applied to the skin, this procedure is also called ozone sauna – wounds are easily healed under its influence.
- Ozone is usually introduced into the body through the ears, rectum, or vagina.
- Ozone can also be injected into your body intravenously – this process is called autohemotherapy.
- It can also be obtained by dissolving ozone solution in water.
What is the result of ozone therapy?
- Strengthening the immune system – Ozone therapy activates your immune system and strengthens immunity.
- Improves blood circulation – as more oxygen flows to your cells, tissues and organs.
- Protects the body from the reproduction of bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Reduces stress in the body, and acts as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent.
Ozone therapy is used in the following diseases:
- Respiratory disorders such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Immune disorders such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
- Neuromuscular disorders such as a herniated disc or carpal tunnel syndrome.